About Geomedi Medical University
Founded in year 1998 by Marina Pirtskhalava, Geomedi University is an acclaimed higher education institute by Georgian National Educational Accreditation Centre, currently known as the National Centre for Educational Quality Enhancement.
Geomedi University is recognized by WHO (World Health Organization), World Federation of Medical Education (WFME), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
Faculty and Courses
There are three faculties in Geomedi University.
- Dentistry offering the degree of Doctor of Dental Medicine.
- Healthcare Economics and Management offering the degree of Bachelor of Health Care management and Master of Health Care management
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation offering the degree of Bachelor of Health Care in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Master of Health care in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Staff and Teaching
The university with its zeal to impart high quality education with the base of theoretical knowledge and allowing practical skills ensures that the students become competent in their career. Many graduates are working with established clinics in Georgia and abroad as well. The University offers its students in house placements as well in its own University clinic. The aim of the University is to help students develop the skills and knowledge and providing them with the right tools in their learning to make them capable of having a successful future career.
Admission and Enrolment
Every student has to go through Unified National Examination which is mandatory as per the Georgian Legislation. The international students are free from Unified National Examination. Students living abroad since two or three years having a will to study at the University should contact the appropriate department of the University before the beginning of the year. They have to complete an application online through the web site which has to be then sent to the University with the following documents –
- For Bachelors Programs: – High school leaving certificate and official transcript, order of enrolment (Original or official copy, certified by an advocate). In case of a transfer from another higher education institution – High school leaving certificate and official transcript, order of enrolment (Original or official copy, with certification from an apostle).
- For Master’s Programs: – Bachelors certificate (Diploma) and official transcripts (Original or official copy, both certified by advocate).
The documents required for admission are as follow. These should be translated into Georgian and must be notarized –
- Photocopy of Birth certificate
- Photocopy of the passport
- A certificate proving that the applicant had lived abroad for the past two years
- Request written which is addressed to the University and Ministry of Education (Signed by the applicant)
4 photos. (Size 3×4 cm)
- Health Insurance (It can be done at Tbilisi)
- Documents, stating the transfer of fees of the University. (This amount is used for the translation of documents into Georgia and for notarization).
After the submission of the documents, the University makes a decision regarding the enrolment of the student. This decision is notified to the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia. The Ministry of Education and Science takes the final decision. If the application is positive, the applicant needs to deposit the fees to the University bank account. The applicant then receives an official letter of enrolment on the basis of which he or she can apply for the entrance visa. A contract will be concluded between the student and the University.
Colleges in Georgia
Comments are closed.