Privolzhsky Research Medical University is a major center for training medical practitioners in one of the largest regions of the European part of Russia.
The medical faculty was opened in 1920 as a faculty of Nizhny Novgorod University. In May, 1930 it became an independent Medical Institute and in June 1994 it got a status of the State Medical Academy.
In 1992 the Faculty of Overseas Admissions was opened in NNSMA. Since 1998/99 academic year the Academy has started training international students in the English Medium.
More than 600 international students from 38 countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America (Sri-Lanka, Malaysia, Morocco, Tanzania, Kenya, Syria and others) are being trained in Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy. The total number of students is 2500.
Professor Boris E. Shakhov is currently the Rector of the academy.
THE FOLLOWING FACULTIES ARE AVAILABLE AT THE ACADEMY:
- FACULTY OF GENERAL MEDICINE: – is the biggest one. About half of all the students of the Academy specialize in Surgery, Therapy, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Neurology etc. The training course lasts for 6 years.
- PEDIATRIC FACULTY: physicians are taught here to treat children. The Regional Pediatric Hospital and the Institute for Pediatric Research have been selected as teaching hospitals. Duration of the course is 6 years.
- FACULTY OF PREVENTIVE MEDICINE: specialists are trained here to implement the main prophylactic principles of public health to prevent diseases. Graduates from the Faculty are qualified as Hygienists and Epidemiologists. Duration of the course is 6 years.
- FACULTY OF DENTISTRY: specialists in Dentistry are trained here. After the basic course graduate students ought to have special primary internship training in the following branches: Dental Therapy, Dental Surgery, Dental Orthopedics, Pediatric Dentistry. Duration of training is 5 years.
- PHARMACY FACULTY: prepares pharmacists. Duration of the course is 5 years.
THE ACADEMY IS RECOGNIZED BY:
- Public Service Department of Malaysia, Government of Malaysia – September, 13, 2001;
- Sri Lanka Medical Council – since July, 24, 1998;
- United Kingdom – since 1996 (limited registration).
Universities in Russia
- Privolzhsky Research Medical University
- Northern State Medical University
- pecific state Medical University
- Astrakhan State Medical University
- Tambov State University
- Volgograd State Medical University, Volgograd
- I.M.Sechenov Moscow State Medical Academy, M1, Moscow
- People’s Friendship University of Russia, PFU, Moscow
- Moscow State University
- Permian State Medical University
- Omsk State Medical University
Comments are closed.