- Recognized by MCI for 150 UG admission since 1991. Uninterrupted performance since 1986.
- Annual intake of 150 Under Graduate, 28 Degrees and 16 Diplomas (in all 44) Post Graduate seats.
- Post Graduate courses in 14 Departments.
- Under Graduate and Post Graduate Courses are recognized by MCI.
- Under Graduate Course is recognized by Sri Lankan Medical Council.
- Enlisted in the WHO directory of Medical schools.
- Enlisted in the IMED FAIMER.
- Alumni are spread across the globe.
- Faculty highly qualified, experienced, motivated and research oriented.
- Administration student centric and pro-active.
- Management Progressive.
The Medical College and Hospital are situated adjacent to each other on a campus sprawling over 45 acres of land, in the heart of the city. The campus has beautiful landscaped gardens and black stone buildings of old world charm, which are well ventilated and illuminated. The college departments, the central library and residential areas are distributed in various blocks within the campus.
The hospital building is very spacious with adequate natural illumination and ventilation. It has eco-friendly effluent water treatment plant and incinerator for waste management. The entire campus is served by a generator for round the clock electricity supply during power failure.
The college has 23 departments with state of the art facilities for imparting teaching both undergraduate and postgraduate students. In addition, the college has separate departments of Yoga Science, Kannada and Culture which is one of the first in the state.
Comments are closed.