V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University with its over 200-year history is a leading Research and Educational Institution in Ukraine.
In the “Top-200 Ukraine” rating conducted by the UNESCO Chair for 2009 Kharkiv University ranks third among all Ukrainian Higher Educational Institutions. According to Scopus, the world’s largest abstract and citation database, the University holds the third position among Ukrainian Research and Educational Institutions by the number of articles published in the leading international scientific publications.
Today the University has 20 Schools and 125 Departments which provide training for specialists in 61 majors. The University also comprises 3 Research Institutes (of Astronomy, Biology and Chemistry), Central Scientific Library with over 3.5 million books in its stocks, Botanical Garden, University History Museum, Museum of Natural History, Museum of Archeology and Ethnography. All University Schools, Center for International Students Training and Pre-Enrolment Training Center provide teaching for 15 000 students and 500 postgraduate students. The University employs for teaching and research 308 Doctors of Sciences and Doctors of Letters, full professors and about 800 PhDs, associate professors including 15 academicians and corresponding members of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Sectoral Academies.
The University also promotes versatile, close and fruitful cooperation with Research Institutes of the National Academy of Sciences and Sectoral Academies of Ukraine, continues to establish and strengthen contacts with sectoral research institutes and enterprises. Within Research Institutes of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine there were created 17 branches of the University departments. In cooperation with the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine the University opened The School of Physics and Energy.
The University boasts its wide international recognition as one of the initiators of signing the Magna Charta Universitatum (Bologna, 1998), a co-founder of the Eurasian Universities Association, an active participant of International University Association and European University Association, a training center for about 1500 international students, postgraduate and doctorate students from 50 countries of the world, and a partner in research and educational cooperation with more than 100 universities and other organizations all over the world.
- Accreditation IV
- Status State
- Established 1804
- Departments 127
- Teaching staff 1500 (372 Doctors of Science, 1012 Candidates of Science)
- Students currently studying 15000
- Faculties: Biology Faculty, Physics and Technology Faculty, Radio Physics Faculty, Physics Faculty, Computer Science Faculty, Philosophy Faculty, Mathematics and Mechanics Faculty, Faculty of International Economic Relations and Tourism Business, Geological and Geographical Faculty, Ecological Faculty, Economic Faculty, Foreign Languages Faculty, History Faculty, Philology Faculty, Medical Faculty, Chemical Faculty, Sociological Faculty, Psychological Faculty, Legal Faculty, Faculty of Physics and Power Engineering.
Comments are closed.