The Volgograd State Medical University is one of the most famous and highly reputable Higher Schools both in Russia and abroad. It is proud of its highly-qualified teaching staff, advanced researchers and experienced physicians whose names are world-famous. It is currently headed by the prominent Russian scientist, Academician of the Russian Academy for Medical Sciences, Professor Vladimir I. Petrov.
Choosing this University means plentiful opportunities for gaining professional expertise and career pursuit.
The University is accredited by the Russian Ministry for Education for the teaching of both Russian and overseas students.
The University is also listed in the Directory of Higher Medical Schools recognized by the World Health Organisation. It means that our graduates can get a job at any country after passing national examinations if necessary.
Colleges and Departments of the University
- College of General Medicine;
- College of Dentistry;
- College of Pediatrics;
- College of Pharmacy;
- College of Medical Biochemistry;
- College of Social Work and Clinical Psychology;
- Department for International Students;
- College for Postgraduate and Continuous Education;
- Department for Foundation Courses.
Nowadays the University ranks very high among the medical schools of the Russian Federation. Many scientists of the University are world-famous owing to their great contribution to the theory and practice of medicine. The University has been training international students since 1962. Students from 113 states of the former Soviet Union, Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa have studied at our University. Over this period 3000 physicians, dentists and paediatricians and pharmacists have been trained for foreign countries. Since 2000 the Volgograd State Medical University has got an opportunity to teach foreign students in the English language.
About 70 overseas doctors are engaged in postgraduate study at the University every year.
If you decide to study at the VolSMU, you will make the right choice. The advantages of such a decision are:
- wide range of possibilities;
- the experienced and attentive faculties;
- broad exposure to clinical practice;
- reasonable tuition fees and hostel accommodation prices.
Universities in Russia
- Privolzhsky Research Medical University
- Northern State Medical University
- pecific state Medical University
- Astrakhan State Medical University
- Tambov State University
- Volgograd State Medical University, Volgograd
- I.M.Sechenov Moscow State Medical Academy, M1, Moscow
- People’s Friendship University of Russia, PFU, Moscow
- Moscow State University
- Permian State Medical University
- Omsk State Medical University
Comments are closed.